Monday, July 21, 2014

Bolivia, Jardin—Week 13

FHE with "Abuela Caty"
Dear Family and Friends,

Well, I’m still here in Jardin and I’m excited to be here and hope that I can help the people. We had some pretty great experiences this week, and I’m loving this work more and more every day.

Probably the biggest thing I’ve learned this week is that we need to follow the promptings of the Spirit in our lives. This week was a week full of promptings to say things that I’m scared to say and do things that I’m scared to do, but I’ve learned to just follow them. It’s hard at first, because I don’t like to tell people that they may need to change, but that’s our job.
I’ve been reading a lot in Alma, and it’s helped me realize that as missionaries, we are called to be representatives of Jesus Christ, and he was never, as Jeffery R. Holland said, "a comfortable God." We cannot do what is comfortable for us if it means jeopardizing the lives of others. We need to be brave and help them so they can come unto Christ. I love this work. I love the opportunity I have to be a missionary. I would not trade it for anything!
I love you all! Have a great week!
xoxo Hna Nelson
Journal Pages
FHE with Grandma “C”
We have an older lady in our ward that everyone calls “Grandma C.” She is basically the only active member in her family and has lots of grandkids, but none of them were raised in the Church. We wanted to teach her husband, but she informed us that he isn’t interested. It was sad to hear about her family. She is such a fantastic example of a courageous, faithful daughter of God—always going to the temple and serving others. What a great example!
District Meeting
Elder Tyson abandoned us and left for Cobija this morning (an area outside the city). We have a new DL—Elder Perez from SLC, UT. We talked about our references and that we had 35 references this week from members! We made goals to keep that number high.
"Chancho al Horno" We can't eat pig, but we can take pictures
Fam “V”
We changed our area limits, so now we are teaching the Familia “V.” We went over right after lunch and at first it was a bit hard to get them all to listen, but they all came and we began our FHE (but in the afternoon). Their oldest son is having a rough time. He had his head down during the whole lesson and as we were talking about their temple preparation, they all began to blame him for their lack of preparation. It’s so hard to be in a situation like this, but we truly want to help them prepare, so we are going to meet with them on a regular basis. I don’t know how to help them raise their children, and I most definitely don’t know how to solve their problems, but I do know that this Gospel brings happiness. My family isn’t perfect and we have our moments when we are contentious, but I love them more than anything in this life. I know that I am sealed to them for time and all eternity and the only thing I hope for is to see them all again someday. I love this Gospel and the plan that my Father in Heaven has for me.
Baby Shower


No comments:

Post a Comment