Monday, August 4, 2014

Bolivia, Paraiso—Week 1

Dearest Family and Friends,

Wow! Really it was a crazy week. I don’t have too much to say, but I will talk a little about how it went.

First of all, the “V” Family was progressing really well. We finally met with their son that was investigating the church for like a year before he left. He told us he didn’t want to participate more because he saw lots of people who were really great inside the chapel, but were different and didn’t live what they taught outside. So we had a talk with him and explained that the people in the church are imperfect, but called of God, and we just have to remember that we need to always follow Jesus Christ, not members, who are imperfect and may fall into temptation sometimes. He understood really well and said that he would like us to teach him again so he can come back to Church. We were so excited, and were planning on setting a baptismal date, but then came the bad news.
On Friday, there was a little problem in Jardin and President decided to take all the missionaries (the four of us Hermanas) out of our area. I am now in Paraiso with Hermana Padilla, Hermana Bingham, and Hermana Judd. We aren’t sure how long we will be here and I really hope not long because I would like to go back to my area and help these families. If not, I know that I’m here for a reason, so I’m going to try to help this ward the best I can while I am here.

I’ll let you know next week what happens (if we stay or not), but right now President is out of the area, so until he comes back, he won’t be changing anything.
Yep, so that’s basically it. I’m just having the time of my life here with Hermana Judd and Hermana Bingham. They are super fun and it’s nice to be with Americans again.

Love you all so much!
xoxo Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment