Monday, November 24, 2014

Bolivia, Montero—Week 7


Buen dia mi querido familia y amigos,

I love you all! Thanks for the support, emails, love, and prayers that you send my way.

Transfers (Cambios)
The Elders called. I will be staying here in Montero, but my new companion will be Hermana Gomez. I’m so excited! We got up at 3:30 this morning to drop off Hermana Cumatz at the airport to go to Cobija and my new companion,  Hermana Gomez was coming from Cobja, so we stayed and waited for her. We were in the airport for 8 hours—just me, Elder Dorado and Elder Flores chatting and such. Wow! It was a super long wait and there weren’t any Hermana missionaries to come with me, but it was still fun to get to know the Elders a little better. When Hermana Gomez and Elder Tyson came, we went back to Montero, ate lunch, and got right to work.

Teaching
We had dinner with the “S” Family. They have a son who is serving in this mission (only 1 hour away—can you imagine?!). They are great. They have 2 kids and the Dad is the Bishop. They have been to the U.S. twice and have visas for 10 years. They said they are going to try to come to Utah for General Conference next October when their son completes his mission. When we’re with them, I don’t feel like I am in Bolivia! They are way different.

We found and taught a 17-year old single mom with twins. She was very quiet during our first lesson, but she accepted our invitation to pray. During her prayer, she started crying and couldn’t finish. I hope she’ll let us help her. We invited her to come to an activity with us and when we arrived, she was outside waiting for us. It was great! On Sunday, she came with her twins to Church. Yippee! And almost all of our recent converts came to Church 23/30! The Familia “D” came as well! I’m so happy!

We stopped by to see how “E” was doing. She was making bicycles out of weaved newspaper for a birthday party. She is one of the most valiant women I’ve met. She has 8 kids from 1 to 13 years old. Her husband only gives her money to buy food, so she has to find ways to make her own money for the other things they need: Baking to sell door-to-door; projects for birthday parties, etc. She told us that they visited with the missionaries 3 years ago and were going to get married and baptized, but something happened and they never went back to Church. I really hope we can help them come into the Church and change their lives.
Bishop and Hermana Carol visited from Charcas
She was wearing the CTR Ring you bought her
Scripture
I want to share quickly a scripture that I read today in my personal study.

Alma 29:9-10
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.

I love this work. I have a testimony of the Gospel. It brings happiness and peace. It changes lives.

Have a great week.

I love you all,
Hermana Nelson
50-year Celebration of the Church in Bolivia

No comments:

Post a Comment