Monday, March 24, 2014

Bolivia, Equipetrol—Week 2

Hermanas Nelson and Hussey
Dear Family and Friends,

Don't worry, we are obeying the curfew rule, and the area isn't as scary as we thought it would be. We are still trying to find a new house because now there are six of us in the house/ward, but we will see what happens.
A houseful of Hermanas!
We have officially gotten the hang of it all. Our area is very small because the ward is now split into three areas for us sisters. 

VENTURA MALL!!!
There's a huge new mall, and it has HARD ROCK CAFE, TGI FRIDAYS, and CINNABON!!! What could get better than that?? I will take pics as soon as we get there.
Ventura Mall
That’s crazy about Mariane! (Amanda's friend, Mariane Sorensen, just received her mission call to Puerto Rico) Tell her congrats and tell her family "hi."

I was just thinking about all the babies . . . it makes me sad when we see so many cute ones here and we can't do anything with them. I hope I'll be able to at least have a few cousin babies when I get home to play with! :)

Hey, my package came!!! (We mailed a package in early January because someone got her debit card number and used it 29 times in one day.  We had to cancel it right before Christmas and order another one. It took 2 1/2 months for her to receive a small padded envelope! I almost canceled the card and started over last week, but thought I'd give it one more week. Thank heavens we waitedshe's right, prayer really works!)

Love you all. The church is true. Don't forget it.
xoxo 
Hermana Nelson

Journal Pages
March 17, 2014
P-Day
We didn’t have an activity, so we just did the usual . . . 
Internet:
   Stephanie (Acerson) won Miss PG!
   Skyler (Payne) is Zone Leader
   Tyler (Christiansen) is still being amazing Tyler in England
Shopping at a supermarket that has all things American:
   Hershey’s Syrup
   Pumpkin in a can
   Frosting in a can
   Pop Tarts
   And so much more . . .
American food in Bolivia!
Foianini:
   Hermana Hussey needed to get her foot cleaned. It was quick.
Birthday:
   We had an 18th birthday party for Mario who is in the ward. He is going on a mission in April.

March 18, 2014
Testimony
I love the Spirit. I love Hermana Hussey. Even when we're just talking about normal life stuff, I can feel the Spirit.

I read a talk today by Elder Scott from the November 2013 General Conference. It was fab. You should read it. It’s about the atonement of Jesus Christ and how we need to apply it in our lives. I loved it so much.

I have a testimony of prayer. I prayed this morning before study to be able to use what I'd learned in our day and I used this talk today. I know prayer works. I know that these things are placed in my life to help me remember that He is always there, always with outstretched arms and comfort. I love the Gospel!

March 19, 2014
Shoe Shopping
We went shoe shopping all morning with Hermana Z. to find some comfortable shoes and stuff. It took a long time and by the time we got done, it was already lunchtime, so we went to lunch with President, the Elders, and the new missionaries that just came in. It was delicious. I got to eat a real life salad and apple pie! Yum!

March 21, 2014
Buddhist
So, we decided to walk the boundaries of our area so that we’ll know where not to go. We saw a lady who needed some help pulling weeds. We started to talk to her and help her and she told us that she is Buddhist and doesn’t believe in God. We weren’t expecting to ever hear that response in Bolivia, but it was an interesting discussion. We are planning to go back to see her on Saturday after we’ve studied a bit.

New Hermana
We just got a brand new Hermana in the mission. She’s from Honduras and is really sweet. The best part was when I met her, she was like, “Do you have a blog?” I said I did and she said she found it before she left and had been reading all of my emails and stories and that she couldn’t wait to meet me. Crazy, no? She’s super awesome, but she’s in my old zone, so I won’t be seeing her very much.

Venezuela
All of the missions in Venezuela have sent the non-native missionaries to their home countries because it isn’t very safe there, so we have like 15 new missionaries!

Dr. Nelson
So, I helped to successfully remove a callous from Hermana Hussey's foot today. It’s been driving her crazy. Hopefully I didn’t do too much damage.

Elder Zaldivar
So guess what?! There’s a missionary in my zone from Lindon! We went to PGHS together, and now we are in the same district! Crazy! I don’t remember his first name, but I’m pretty sure he’s in our stake.

March 22, 2014
Getting Acquainted
Today was really good. We met with a bunch of people and it was a very successful day. It’s not easy not knowing anyone, and especially when your comp doesn’t either, but we are getting the hang of it.

March 23, 2014
Lunch with Familia Vera
The Vera Family is one of those families that you just instantly love. They call me “hija” (daughter), they always invite us over, and they are so much fun. We spent our lunch hour with them eating 'papa relleno' (it’s a potato, mashed, stuffed with meat, then deep fried). It’s really delicious. Their family owns a party store and the dad is an artist like Dad. I love them lots!
Familia Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment