Monday, October 13, 2014

Bolivia, Montero—Week 1

Dearest Family and Friends,

I’m sorry I was late emailing today. We couldn’t leave our houses until this afternoon because elections were yesterday. The internet is super slow, so I can't send any journals or pictures. I'll try to send some next week.

Well, I’m not in Paraiso. I got transferred to Montero, which is about one hour from the city. I’m serving with Hermana Cumatz, from Guatemala City. I’m happy and excited, but a little sad at the same time. That’s just how transfers are. 

Recent Convert “R”
We visited “R” for just a bit today to get to know him (and to eat some of the soft serve ice cream he sells). He was offended by something a member said to him, but then he read a message in the Ensign about forgiveness and offense. He’s now a bit more receptive.

Member “E”
One of the YSA from the ward helped us get to know the area better. She leaves in December for her mission to Columbia. She’s great.

Hermana “M”
She makes us lunch and dinner and not just us, but four Elders as well. She also washes our clothes by hand. I can tell what a faithful member she is. Her dad is also a member (and most all of her family, but most are less active) and he is a spirit so strong. He’s 71 years old and can’t remember things too well or talk too much, but there’s a spirit when I talk to him.

I’m loving it here already! I hope you all had a great week. 

Love you all!

xoxo Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment