Monday, October 27, 2014

Bolivia, Montero—Week 3

Dearest Family and Friends,

This week was good. Went flying by as usual.

All our hard work this week was worth just seeing the “D” family (recent converts) sneak in behind us in sacrament meeting! The dad came with his wife and kids for the first time in 3 weeks. These are the most happy times for me in the mission. Sometimes I almost lose hope and think that all of our work is for nothing. But then, the people surprise us.

I feel like the theme of this week was “opposition.” There really is opposition in ALL things. And, as missionaries, we see it in all places and experience it in all things. It´s not easy, but I´m learning many things.

I’ve started reading the Book of Mormon again and reading about Nefi reminds me that I need to have more faith and patience in my trials. He was such a great example in all things, and he could have given up many times, but he just kept going. I know I can do it. And I know that you all can do it as well. Prayer works. And I know that our Heavenly Father is listening.

I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and of the plan that we accepted before coming to this earth. Like Mom said this week in her email to me, we already know which side is going to win in the end. But many are still deciding which side to join. Sometimes what seems easiest or the most pleasant in the moment is what we choose to do, but if we could just remember in every moment which side is going to win, we would be able to choose the right. But, unfortunately, it’s not always that way. We are human and we make mistakes, but, we have the knowledge of the gospel. We can repent. Christ suffered and died for us. Personally. All we need to worry about now is trying our best to stay in the straight and narrow path that will lead us to his presence again. I love this gospel. I love the opportunity to repent and be better every day because I truly need the Atonement every day.

I love you all. Share your testimony with someone this week. And I’ll do the same.


Xoxo Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment